Durham – Final Schedule:
Friday 19th May – 1.30/45pm assemble Bus stops by art gallery on Calverly Street. Coach departs 2pm !
Friday 19th May – 6.30pm gather in Nave of cathedral to sort seating etc. Rehearsal starts 7.30pm. Finishes 9.30pm
Saturday 20th May – 10.30am – tour of cathedral for those who signed up for it.
Saturday 20th May – 1.15pm – Rehearsal starts (quiet beforehand please as a service is on). Finishes 4.0pm
Saturday 20th May – as required – meals available at the undercroft cafe for those who signed up for it.
Saturday 20th May – 6.45pm Assemble in Priors Hall for warm up and ordered entry for concert. Seating has been assigned.
Sunday 21st May – 9.30/45 assemble outside hotel for coach depart at 10.o0 am. We should be back around lunchtime.
If anyone would like to sing in this concert but would be prevented due to limited financial circumstance, please complete the questions anyway and speak to me as the trustees may be able to assist with this.
For the concert on Saturday 20th May 2023 we are joining Durham Choral Society in Durham Cathedral to perform Mozart Requiem and Haydn Nelson Mass. This is a great opportunity to sing with a full orchestra while Leeds Town Hall is unavailable to us and we would like as many of the choir to join in as is possible. These trips are good fun and help the choir to bond. We are required to attend an evening rehearsal at 7pm on Friday 19th May and also an afternoon rehearsal at 1pm on Saturday 20th prior to the main evening performance.
This is not strictly a tour, but to make it easy for everyone, we will be providing the opportunity to join with our group travel package as detailed below or you can make your own arrangements.
The plan is:
- Coach to leave Leeds city centre at 2pm Friday 19th May to allow time for hotel check in and to get something to eat before the rehearsal.
- 2 nights Premier Inn accommodation on Friday and Saturday night – N.B. this DOES NOT include breakfast.
- Coach to return from Durham at 10am on Sunday 21st.
The cost would be £190.00 per person based on 2 people sharing a room. Or £280 for single occupancy. This price includes the coach cost as well as the room.
- No meals are included in this package. They can be ordered separately at the hotel or found elsewhere. Breakfast in the hotel is currently £9.50.
- There will be a 10 minute walk between the hotel and the cathedral so some people may need to arrange a taxi.
- Guests/partners are welcome at the same cost.
A deposit of £50 would be due by end of October, then a further 2 instalments in January and March.
(Acting tour manager)